[iyonix-support] Re: No screen on Boot-up

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 10:08:16 GMT

On 16 Mar 2007 tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Tennant Stuart) wrote:
> This is for my Iyonix monitor, which occasionally fails to lock on...
>
>                        # 960 x 600 (56Hz)
>                        startmode
>                        mode_name:960 x 600
>                        x_res:960
>                        y_res:600
>                        pixel_rate:36000
>                        h_timings:72,128,0,960,0,24
>                        v_timings:2,22,0,600,0,1
>                        sync_pol:0
>                        endmode
>
> ..could you please tell me which number is the sync pulse?

Well I've just put that in to !MakeModes and it shows its only 49Hz, which is
going to be very marginal for an LCD. They will be expecting 60Hz to 75Hz,
50Hz absolute minimum.

But why are you using such a non standard mode on an LCD anyway, its going to
look rubbish? If you must use it for something increase the pixel rate to
44400 so its 60Hz.

Cheers
---Dave

  David J. Ruck    Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301    Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx