[iyonix-support] Re: CDROM oddities

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 17:16:59 +0100

I continue to be puzzled that my ripframes program works on my Iyonix but
fails to read the Audio CD on my Iyonix. I added as a diagnostic a report
to the program to print out any error messages, etc. This gives me the
following.

Ripframes 0.60  April 2014
==========================

 cdfs => 1
 start frame => 1000
 stop frame => 1999
 Output file name => ADFS::HardDisc4.$.CD_tracks.wav_in.riptest/wav
CDFS 1 => Device 1  card 3  lun 0
Drive found OK
SONY    CD-RW  CRX220E1 6YS1
CD found in drive
frames = 1
seconds = 35
minutes = 82
Total number of frames = 371626
 Duration 588000 sample pairs [    0.22 mins ]
CD_ReadAudio Error: 8401924 Bad parameters
 dev 1  card 3  LUN 0  handle 0
Payload to write = 2352000
CD_ReadAudio Error: 8401924 Bad parameters
 dev 1  card 3  LUN 0  handle 0
CD_ReadAudio Error: 8401924 Bad parameters
 dev 1  card 3  LUN 0  handle 0
-- Done!
 0 frame misalignments

The puzzle is that I'm using the same data block for all the calls in the
program, and the error printout shows these are maintained for the
CD_ReadAudio calls (device 1 card 3 LUN 0 handle 0).

However although the CD_ calls to read the disc TOC work, those for reading
the disc playload don't. The above is for the Sony CD-RW drive, but I get
the same problem (with a different drive number) with the DVD drive. The
parameter block seems correct, and works for the other CD_ swis, but not
for CD_ReadAudio on my Iyonix!.

The same code works fine on my ARMiniX, though.

So, does anyone else find my ClassicRip using ripframes as the ripper works
OK on their Iyonix? I want to check if there is something odd about my
Iyonix that is causing the problem. If checking, please use the current
version and copy its ripframes to your library.

  http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/software/ClassicRip.zip

The problem doesn't prevent the rip creating an output wave file. But it
has no audio content because nothing is being read from the CD! So the
question is: does anyone else get a file containing the audio from the CD?

My Iyonix's CD-RW drive is 'odd' in that I *have* to have a data disc in
its drive when the machine is powered up. Otherwise the machine behaves as
if the drive is physically absent. So maybe this is a weirdness of my
particular Iyonix system? (Running RO5.18, which may also be relevant.)

Jim