[iyonix-support] Re: CDROM oddities

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 09:52:54 +0100

In article <53f53bf1cfchris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, cj
<chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <53f532c4a6jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jim Lesurf
>    <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > My ripper uses the CDFS SWI to find the device number from the CDFS
> > number. Then my ripper uses the device number with the CD_ SWIs.

> I assume you are using the swi cdfs_convert_drive_to_device. The int
> returned from this contains several bits of information in the 32 bits.
> I am not sure offhand what all the bits represent.

Thanks. Now understood! I raised this on the ROOL forum and this was
pointed out there. I've checked and should be able to release a version
that works on the Iyonix later today.

Each device is nominally assigned a 'card' and 'LUN' value as well as a
'drive' value. I now know how to extract these OK. I had asked on the forum
earlier about this. But at the time I was left with the impression that the
card and LUN values were in practice always '0'. And this is the case on my
ARMIniX where In initially developed the program. So I was taking zeros for
granted. However now I've checked my Iyonix returns card '3' for both its
internal drives.

Jim