[iyonix-support] Re: CDROM oddities

  • From: Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 13:13:44 +1300

In message <53f5b79e67jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <205da2f553.Iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ron
> <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In message <53f59d3912jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Jim Lesurf
> >           <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > I've now put a new version of ClassicRip up at
> > >
> > >  http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/software/ClassicRip.zip
> > >
> > > This is now version 0.60 and should work OK on an Iyonix. I made two
> > > changes to make this work.
> > <snip>
>
> > Hi Jim, a quick test on my Iyonix and there is a problem with finding
> > the ripframes file. after I set the csd to its directory it then found
> > it OK, so I imagine you haven't set a variable from the Obey$Dir or
> > something similar.
>
> I think I say in the !Help to put a copy of ripframes into your Library
> directory. I decided to do things this way because it makes it easier if
> anyone wants to use ripframes 'by hand' or from some other program. You can
> then run it via a command

> provided the WimpSlot is large enough. You can use ripframes *without*
> using !ClassicRip, so then use it via any other program, etc, someone cares
> to write.

<snip>

Making your application find ripframes from it's own directory doesn't
mean you can't copy or use ripframes in an altenative way. I just mean
your application would work in a self contained way if you:

set ClassicRip$Dir <Obey$Dir>

In your !Run file, and in your c file call it with

"<ClassicRip$Dir>.ripframes ......"

Cheers, Ron M.