[iyonix-support] Re: CDROM oddities

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 12:17:33 +0100

In article <2cc8e5f553.Iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ron
<iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <53f5b79e67jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Jim Lesurf
>           <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > provided the WimpSlot is large enough. You can use ripframes *without*
> > using !ClassicRip, so then use it via any other program, etc, someone
> > cares to write.

> Making your application find ripframes from it's own directory doesn't
> mean you can't copy or use ripframes in an altenative way. I just mean
> your application would work in a self contained way if you:

> set ClassicRip$Dir <Obey$Dir>

> In your !Run file, and in your c file call it with

> "<ClassicRip$Dir>.ripframes ......"

Yes, I do that in other applications. However I'm allowing here for people
who may decide they want to use ripframes but not bother at all with
ClassicRip. Putting it into the library means ClassicRip won't have to be
booted by the filer for ripframes to be available. FWIW sometime I'm
thinking it may be also developed also as a basis for a USB player for CDs.

Alas, at present I have to make a 'pre-apology' as I don't think ripframes
is working correctly yet on my Iyonix! Embarassing as I've just sent an
'announcement' saying to does to the newsgroups. :-/

At present it *seems* to rip here on my Iyonix. But the files have all
zeros as the payload. So the disc reads are failing. I'll see if I can work
out why.

Jim