[iyonix-support] Re: CDROM oddities

  • From: Steffen Huber <steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 19:22:25 +0200 (CEST)

> Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> I continue to be puzzled that my ripframes program works on my Iyonix but
> fails to read the Audio CD on my Iyonix. I added as a diagnostic a report
> to the program to print out any error messages, etc. This gives me the
> following.
[snip]
> CD_ReadAudio Error: 8401924 Bad parameters
>  dev 1  card 3  LUN 0  handle 0
[snip]

This is the CDFS driver's way of telling you "I cannot read audio from this
device because I am using the wrong command".

I guess the IYONIX CDFSSoftATAPI uses the "ReadAudio" command, and your Sony
drive only supports the MMC compatible "Read CD" command. That's what the fun
about drive compatibility is all about.

I am sure if you use CDBurn with this drive, it will extract audio if you
use the IYOIDE: or ADFS: device, but not if you use the CDFS: device.

Steffen

--
Steffen Huber           LambdaComm System - Welcome to Trollinger Country
steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx