[iyonix-support] Re: CDROM oddities

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 17:23:58 +0100

OK, I've now put up new versions of !ClassicRip and ripframes. I've tested
these on my Iyonix and my ARMiniX. On both machines ripframes now gives the
same results as cdparanoia here if the disc itself is OK. So I'm hoping
they will be OK on other machines. Fingers crossed! :-)

As previously, the programs are at

http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/software/ClassicRip.zip

and you should copy the new version of ripframes into your library
directory before use. (Plus, of course, read the !Help file :-) )

The new version of ripframes identifies itself as '0.60i' to indicate I
tested it and had it working OK on my Iyonix.

One interesting outcome of the tests is that ripframes and cdparanoia agree
on both machines. But the rips using the Sony CD-RW drive on my Iyonix are
time-offset by about 1 millisecond (41 sample intervals) relative to those
obtained using my DVD drive in my ARMiniX. Interesting result of the way
Audio CD is different from Data discs!

Hope people now find this useful. Apologies for the earlier versions not
working correctly on the Iyonix!

Jim