[iyonix-support] CDROM oddities

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 16:38:26 +0100

I've been trying to test an audio CD ripper I wrote as a test. However on
my Iyonix I'm encountering a problem that I didn't have in the past. I'm
wondering if this is a result of having upgraded the OS. I did that some
months ago, but then switched shortly after to using an ARMiniX for most
purposes. So didn't use the CDROM drives having upgraded the OS.

I'll try and suss out and report more details when I can. But I thought I'd
raise it now in case the behaviour is one others recognise and can
diagnose.

My ripper uses the CDFS SWI to find the device number from the CDFS number.
Then my ripper uses the device number with the CD_ SWIs.

This works fine on my ARMiniX. But on my Iyonix I get device numbers '24'
and '25' for the two drives. And neither then responds to the CD_ SWIs
using these as they seem clearly wrong. Other SWIs also prompt odd 'no
driver' replies for one drive. And CDparanoia (which used to be OK) works
for one drive but not the other. Crashes.

Anyone recognise this?

FWIW The ripper is on my website at
http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/software/ClassicRip.zip
and includes the source code in case anyone wants to look for any errors
I've made that lead to such behaviour. It *should* give the user a choice
of ripping process. But on my Iyonix it doesn't even get to being able to
find the drive!

Jim