[iyonix-support] Re: CDROM oddities

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 12:43:44 +0100

In article <53f6a5c785chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, cj
<chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <53f696e7bcjcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jim Lesurf
>    <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]

> This sets up the block ready for calls to cd_read_audio.

> In my code, I see I only read one block at a time.

Forgot to ask elsewhere. By 'block' do you mean frame? I'm tending to use
the terms as follows to distinguish different things:

control block = the set of values as per you extracted that specify the
device.

chunk = the size of the amount of frames read with each individial call to
CD_ReadAudio. (At present 376 frames for 5 sec + 1 'overlap check' frame).

frame = audio frame of 1/75th of a sec of audio data.

Jim