[openbeos] Re: What about a demonstration kit ?

  • From: "Karl vom Dorff" <karl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:42:56 -0400

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Jorge G. Mare <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I think there is a misunderstanding: we are not talking about a Haiku demo
> distro, image or CD.
>
> We are talking about a demo package with certain (email, people, audio and
> video) files, and perhaps queries and apps, that can be useful for the
> purpose demoing Haiku at conferences/shows/ug meetings, to friends at home,
> or to colleagues at the office.
>
> There is absolutely no need to create yet another Haiku image/distro just
> for this; a ZIP package with all the demo files that people can download to
> their existing Haiku installation is just fine.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Koki

That's funny, you did answer the minute I sent my email :)

Right, sorry for the misunderstanding! A demo disk image, gotcha.

These might be of use in conjunction with the factory disk images:

http://www.haikuware.com/view-details/development/app-installation/formatted-bootable-vmware-images

Could maybe include a vmx file to load both the demo package and Haiku's VM.

Or a plain old zip file with files would do too.

Good luck.