[openbeos] Re: What about a demonstration kit ?

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:53:40 -0700

Howdy,

Karl vom Dorff wrote:
On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Jorge G. Mare <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Howdy,

    I think there is a misunderstanding: we are not talking about a
    Haiku demo distro, image or CD.

    We are talking about a demo package with certain (email, people,
    audio and video) files, and perhaps queries and apps, that can be
    useful for the purpose demoing Haiku at conferences/shows/ug
    meetings, to friends at home, or to colleagues at the office.

    There is absolutely no need to create yet another Haiku
    image/distro just for this; a ZIP package with all the demo files
    that people can download to their existing Haiku installation is
    just fine.

    Cheers,

    Koki

That's funny, you did answer the minute I sent my email :)

Right, sorry for the misunderstanding! A demo disk image, gotcha.

No, not a demo disk image. All we need is a ZIP file that people can download to their Haiku installation (on real hw or vm, it does not matter), and expand wherever you want.

As Francois noted, it could be possible to add this demo ZIP to the build system as an optional package, so that people can add it to their builds if they want to.

Can we please now go back to discussing the specifics of the package itself? :)

Cheers,

Koki