[openbeos] Re: What about a demonstration kit ?

  • From: Lawrence Debow <led@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:05:20 -0600

As a non programmer type (with solid creative abilities) i simply need direction in terms of specific tasks to be accomplished and the required tools (and platform) for creation of said demo package. i have a variety of tools and platform at my disposal and can obtain or downlaod whatever I don't have. that is if you would like to assign these tasks to me.

Thanks

LED

On Jun 23, 2008, at 6:53 PM, Jorge G. Mare wrote:

Howdy,

Karl vom Dorff wrote:
On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Jorge G. Mare <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

   Howdy,

   I think there is a misunderstanding: we are not talking about a
   Haiku demo distro, image or CD.

   We are talking about a demo package with certain (email, people,
   audio and video) files, and perhaps queries and apps, that can be
   useful for the purpose demoing Haiku at conferences/shows/ug
   meetings, to friends at home, or to colleagues at the office.

   There is absolutely no need to create yet another Haiku
   image/distro just for this; a ZIP package with all the demo files
   that people can download to their existing Haiku installation is
   just fine.

   Cheers,

   Koki

That's funny, you did answer the minute I sent my email :)

Right, sorry for the misunderstanding! A demo disk image, gotcha.

No, not a demo disk image. All we need is a ZIP file that people can download to their Haiku installation (on real hw or vm, it does not matter), and expand wherever you want.

As Francois noted, it could be possible to add this demo ZIP to the build system as an optional package, so that people can add it to their builds if they want to.

Can we please now go back to discussing the specifics of the package itself? :)

Cheers,

Koki