[haiku] Re: Topics for tutorial videos

  • From: "Gavin James" <gavin.james@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:20:33 +0000

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 8:54 PM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Gavin James <gavin.james@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> This discussion is pointless before videos have been created, though:)
>>
>> I disagree... but I'm not going to bang on about it. The topic came
>> up, and having some experience in this I decided to speak up. No point
>> making a video if your target audience can't watch it. :)
>
> Oh please, be rational... making the video is the hard part - choosing
> a delivery method can come after that...

The last sentence was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, playing devil's
advocate but I guess it didn't come across that way. Why the two
discussions can't continue in parallel I have no idea but like I said
I have no desire to bang on about it so consider the discussion over
on my part.

> That's like saying that creating an image in Photoshop is pointless
> because the file format is .PSD

If there's no way to convert the PSD to the appropriate format then I
don't see the absurdity. Furthermore see Ben's comment about how the
low resolution of YouTube videos can affect the production of the
video.

- Gavin