[haiku] Re: Topics for tutorial videos

  • From: ptaylor <scraliontis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:42:54 +0000 (GMT)

Hi

I think thats a great idea, however i do have concerns concerning the method of delivery of these video tutorials, All of the machines i work on arent capable of running flash in any shape or form, so some better method of delivery or a more open method of delivery would be better in my opinion.

Phiilp aka brobostigon

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Stephan Assmus wrote:

steve_shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm looking into the idea of putting together a series of tutorial videos
for Haiku.  What kind of topics would you like to see addressed in this
series?  More to the point, what do you think would be useful for an
end-user experiencing Haiku/BeOS for the first time?

This idea was only just suggested to me in the IRC channel tonight, so
your suggestions are welcome.

I would look for topics in the User Guide that can be extended. Like the
workshop on file types, attributes and queries. This is great stuff and it
may be nice to have it also in video form. Other topics in the user guide
may present themselves which could be picked up in a video tutorial. I
think subjects which involve Tracker and "managing your daily files" type
of tasks are nice for the first toturials.

Best regards,
-Stephan