[haiku] Re: Topics for tutorial videos

  • From: <steve_shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:39:23 +1100

---- ptaylor <scraliontis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I think thats a great idea, however i do have concerns concerning the
> method of delivery of these video tutorials,
> All of the machines i work on arent capable of running flash in any shape
> or form, so some better method of delivery or a more open method of
> delivery would be better in my opinion.
>
> Phiilp aka brobostigon

That's a very valid point, and obviously has sparked quite a bit of discussion.
 I might stay out of the technical side of the discussion for now, though.
Suffice to say that it's reasonable to expect these videos in several different
formats and delivery methods.  I see some videos as being overview style videos
that may be viewed from outside of Haiku.  Some of the short practical videos
would in all probability need to be available for viewing from within the Haiku
OS, so that a user could follow the steps in an interactive manner.

Thanks to everyone else for their thoughts on the content side of things...
you've sparked a few ideas!