[haiku] Re: Error building silc-client

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 22:28:38 +0100

On 2008-11-11 at 20:03:17 [+0100], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I didn't try to download the files mentionen, as the utils it's
> > > trying to
> > > run don't seem to produce meaningful output. I've no idea where to
> > > go
> > > from here, really. Any pointers?
> > I could imagine that Ingo has actually sent the patches to the place
> > it
> > mentions in the error output, and that you could indeed obtain the
> > files
> > there, which know about Haiku as host platform.

The config.guess/sub changes are already upstream (at least for x86) for
several months already, which was none of my doing, though.

> At least that's always a good idea :-)
> If that doesn't work out, I think you can just delete the original
> config.guess/sub files, and call "automake --add-missing" which should
> do the trick (if that doesn't work, query for those files, and copy
> them manually).

"automake --add-missing --force-missing" directly replaces the
config.guess/sub.

If you've bad luck your package uses even more of the autotools (e.g.
libtool). Then possibly more needs to be done. Some packages come with a
"bootstrap" or "autogen.sh" script for that purpose (for those that don't,
they usually have one in their repository -- ideally grab the matching
version), and it sometimes even works. If not, welcome to the world of
autopain...

CU, Ingo