[haiku] Re: Topics for tutorial videos

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:39:18 -0800

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 3:42 AM, ptaylor <scraliontis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think thats a great idea, however i do have concerns concerning the method
> of delivery of these video tutorials,
> All of the machines i work on arent capable of running flash in any shape or
> form, so some better method of delivery or a more open method of delivery
> would be better in my opinion.

Fortunately, nobody actually said it would be made available in flash
format exclusively ;)

The best strategy of course would be to offer it in a high-quality
open format that can be played on Haiku directly. Uploading it to
YouTube or another video site is secondary, and certainly doesn't
detract from the original available version.

As an example, there is a tutorial available on BlipTV that is both
Flash and MP4 downloadable: http://www.haiku-os.org/about/movies

The actual content is more important than the delivery format, IMO.

- Urias