[haiku] Re: Topics for tutorial videos

  • From: ptaylor <scraliontis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:54:09 +0000 (GMT)

hi

i was just told this morning that Firefox 3.1 will nativly support ogg theora streaming, now for the idea of the tutorial videos, this could be very usefull.
streaming ogg in a similer way to what they do on wikipedia.
now i have no idea if we can port FF3 to beos/zeta/haiku, but the idea is a good one.
i hope this could come in usefull,

philip aka brobostigon

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Richie Nyhus wrote:

To the first posting requesting topics, here's one that was posting to
trac a few months ago:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2119
It would be great to have a video showing off the power of queries.
If you aren't familiar with them perhaps someone can write up a simple
script to step you through the process, or talk you through it on irc.

I think simple 2-3 minute videos showing off the various features
would be good to have.  Perhaps consider posting them to a site where
you can actually make out what's happening on the screen, such as
vimeo.com.  For video capture you might run Haiku in vmware on Linux
and use a capture tool there, while running Haiku full screen.
-scottmc

Thanks for the tip, Scott.  I'll follow this one up.  I'm not familiar with queries,
but before I >start asking random questions I'll dig into any documentation I can
find.  Any doco >recommendations?

Humdinger's user guide is the best place to start off.

http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/haiku/haiku/trunk/docs/userguide/contents.html