[openbeos] Re: PPC versions

  • From: "Nathan Whitehorn" <nathan.whitehorn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:51:01 EDT (-0400)

> > I would just say that everyone may use _EXPORT if he/she wants to,
> > but
> > he/she doesn't have to.
>

> Perhaps I'm misunderstanding everything on this topic, but it seems
> like
> we could simply add BeBuild.h to the repository and include it in all
> of
> our public headers.  All of the exports are done there, so this
> should
> be sufficient, no?

Since we will likely be exporting more than the standard stuff, and
that doesn't include C functions...

> Whether it's "right" to export all symbols or not is neither here nor
> there to me, but one thing is for sure -- the fact that all symbols
> are
> exported on x86 has been quite helpful for reimplementation in a
> number
> of cases (for me, at least).
>
> Nathan, is there no way to turn off the warning that results from
> exporting all under mwcc?  I assume you're working from the
> command-line; perhaps you could write a script or small program which
> would filter out those warnings for you.

The warnings warn of real problems, they're not the compiler being
flaky. The code doesn't actually work right.
-Nathan

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

President Reagan has noted that there are too many economic pundits and
forecasters and has decided on an excess prophets tax.