[openbeos] Re: PPC versions

  • From: jat313s <jat313s@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 03:03:37 -0500

With all due respect, I fail to see the problem with a PPC port.  I do
understand that not to many people have PPC machines besides Apple Macs and
that a few want to run OBOS on their BeBoxen.  Has it ever occurred to you
that some of us might be eyeing the PPC motherboard that Eyetech is producing
for the new Amiga computer that is coming out.  Personally, I would find it
sad if we were able to purchase inexpensive PPC computers, but OBOS couldn't
run on it.  Especially since BeOS was ported to Intel based computers from PPC
machines.  Personally if I were to buy a PPC mobo I'd want to use it as a
dedicated BeOS/OBOS machine.

http://www.eyetech.co.uk/amigaone/introduction.php

>This is really out of line. Asking every developer to revisit or update their
code so some
>number of people can build on 6 year old machines is trivial and OK? Come on.
>I don't want to be a prick about this. I really don't. But this stuff angers
me and is really uncalled for.
>If you want to take this up with me off list, please feel free. But this
thread needs to die.

James Thurman
Student of Business
Southwest Missouri State University