[haiku] Re: Need Some GSoC Advice

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 07:37:40 -0700

>> Since I'm new to Haiku-land, I want to spend a day or two
>> getting familiar with the APIs I need before I write my application
>> (otherwise I won't know what I'm talking about). I'm reading up some
>> stuff about the BeOS from this (very old) book:
>> http://oreilly.com/catalog/beosprog/book/
>
> That book is actually pretty good. I found a paper copy a few years
> ago on deep discount in a computer shop's clearance book rack :)

You can still find used copies on Amazon and other online book stores
for a couple bucks.  It's somewhat outdated, but a large part of those
R3 parts still apply.  I still keep my paper copy handy, it's a very
think book, so shipping will be more than the cost of the book ;)
Used mine just yesterday in fact.
-scottmc