[haiku] Re: Deskbar auto-raise

  • From: Oliver Ruiz Dorantes <oliver.ruiz.dorantes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:26:49 +0100

> Maybe if Deskbar is along the top or bottom it would make
> perfect sense not to cover it up, while when Deskbar is in one
>of the vertical modes, cover it anyway.

This free space when deskbar is vertically oriented is perfect for placing
workspaces and launchers who as well, I HATE as much as Deskbar when they
get covered.

That makes (at least me)wasting clicks.
Maybe something would mitigate this would be having some with of
sticky/attaching windows....

> > Both things (the click-to-raise and the option
> > to not cover when deskbar is at full size) does
> > not conflict between them,

+1
why not adding a second option allowing this behaviour(as any
other OS provides)?
Would not that fit everybody expectations, without tricky configuration and
previous conditions?

> If Deskbar was covered less often there´d be less
> need for Deskbar auto-raise to be on by default.

+1
Saw a Win7 presentation informing that 5% of the users use autorise in their
deskbar...

--
Oliver,