[openbeos] Re: Leaving OpenBeOS : David

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 13:40:34 CEST (+0200)

"Chuck \"PUP\" Payne" <cepayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You know it not my place to speack since I an only an enduser but
> what's
> going on? I felt that lately OpenBeOS is dying. There hasn't been any
> release since 5.04 back in March of this year. I know you guys want
> re-create the horse but come on is there going to be any think that
> us the
> joe public can play with?

OpenBeOS is not dying, I can assure you.
And, the 5.0.4 release back in March didn't have anything to do with
OpenBeOS - we haven't released much yet. Recreating BeOS is not a job
that can be done within that timeframe :-)

> What going? Is there civil war? Are Ego getting to big? Guy, I know I
> speak
> for many other End-Users we want "BE". I open you guys can work it
> out. Read
> something like this makes me feel that OS could end.

Exactly, but despite its professional presentation, David's statements
are just rants, I don't see much truth in it.
I also want to see BeOS survive in OpenBeOS (or whatever it will be
called).
(and, of course we can improve things, but that's mostly like all
things could be improved - and doesn't have much to do with what David
wrote)

Adios...
   Axel.