[openbeos] Re: Icon Artwork

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 00:31:34 +0200

On 2006-08-06 at 22:27:57 [+0200], Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Jonas,
> >
> > I agree with what you have said about the "current theme"
> > and "meta" mimetypes.
>
> Great. :)

> > Well I intend to solve it this way: Since the application gives
> > you a BBitmap to draw the icon into, it becomes quite easy
> > to support scalable icons. The application should be expected
> > to give you the bitmap in the size it wants, simple as that.
>
> Simple indeed! This seems like it would be enough
> for most applications. Apart from icon availability in
> the new vector format, is there anything else holding
> us back?

No, nothing. I have my local copy of OpenTracker displaying a couple of my
vector icons. While I worked on that, I learned a lot about how Tracker
displays icons, where some problems are and how it should be done in Haiku.
(To actually be able to configure the icon scale, it is going to take more
work within Tracker though...) Then I moved all the basic icon code from
Icon-O-Matic into its own module and started work on a BIconUtils class.
This is going to become the one code path for reading icons, probably
writing too. Now I need to integrate with BMimeType, BNodeInfo and the
registrar. I'll just have to switch out of my developer branch before I
continue with the rest of the integration work.

Best regards,
-Stephan