[openbeos] Re: Icon Artwork

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 16:39:40 -0400

DarkWyrm wrote:
>Sure am. I haven't done much with specifications for icons, though.

Stephan has provided "specifications" for the icons.  The contest is to help
develop guidelines for the look.

>Having standardized toolbar icons for common functions is an excellent
idea. The only possible downside is that it would >force a particular look
for toolbar buttons -- I don't know if that is a good thing or not.

I'm not sure what you mean by forced.  Ultimately the programmer is going to
do what they want to do.  I'm just suggesting a set of guidelines that serve
as recommendation.  In this particular case I really wasn't referring to the
look, but the ability to change the icon set and possibility the scale of
the icons (if it is implemented).  Perhaps this would be better placed in
the developer's guide as a recommendation/suggestion.

>Thoughts, anyone else?

Anyone?

Curtis