[openbeos] Re: Icon Artwork

  • From: "info" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:57:07 -0400

To Prevent Cheating:

The only viable way to prevent cheating is to use email with a name attached.

So voting requires:

Name:
Email address:

The vote must be email confirmed.

This is the only way to keep vote duping to a minimum. IP blocking doesn't work. Cookies don't work. Session data doesn't work. There WILL be cheaters, I guarantee it.

This is way too important to not go all the way with. Our desktop environment is going to be determined by this.

I wonder if democratizing the process is wise?

----- Original Message ----- From: "DarkWyrm" <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>