[openbeos] Re: Icon Artwork

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 12:07:30 -0400

>> Zeta is using this persons icons.  They are under a copyleft license.
Why not use these?  Or modify them?

>> http://mc.clintock.com/first_floor/study_1/desk/computer_projects/icons/

>>I think we should stick to the isometric look.  This look defined a large
part of the BeOS visual experience.

Are you specifically talking about the set of BeOS icons?
These icons are very close to the original art work.
There has been reasonable concern about this since Zeta was given specific
IP rights that Haiku has not been given.
Also, this would mean that Haiku would not have it's own unique set of icons
since Zeta already uses them.

Also, I noticed that he lists the Design Science License for his other
icons, but doesn't appear to be listing it for the BeOS set.  I also wonder
how compatible the license really is with our project.

Personally I love the 3/4 perspective.  However, we want to insure Haiku has
a unique set of icons.  I would suggest remaining open minded about other
icons styles at the moment.  Let's brainstorm about it first, then nail down
the specific guidelines.

Curtis