[openbeos] Re: Icon Artwork

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 01:55:33 -0400

It seems we have the same discussion again and again.
With the overwhelming consensus being that we need original icons,
I going to answer my own question by saying that

"...Haiku cannot be officially released with the original BeOS R5 icons. For
this reason, all icons within Haiku need to be original artwork."

is official final word.

Next steps -
    Determine if vector icons are in fact going to work with R1.
    Nail down the exact specification for the icons in terms of palette and
resolution.
    Develop a standard theme of what the icons should look like (i.e. do we
have black outline, 3/4 perspective, shadow?)
    Determine how icon submissions and approvals are done.
    Get it done.

The last three are assuming you don't hire someone specifically to design
them.

Curtis