[openbeos] Re: Icon Artwork

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 19:31:18 +0200

Hi,

> As it seems we're switching to SVG, I'm wondering if it's possible to
> suggest already existing icon sets like the ones coming out of the Tango
> Project? The Tango set is growing, and I think it'll fit BeOS well.
> Tango seems to have some great guidelines also.

Yes, as I have already written, it is fine to suggest existing sets (as
long as the license fits, of course). I will have a look at Tango, could
you please provide a URL?

> Whatever we may end up with, I want to express the importance of a
> unified look, and if it's going to be possible to change icon sets (like
>   it is in Lotz' Tracker version IIRC), it's important that these
> changes are system wide. Maybe this is further ahead in time though.

At first, (I think) we wont provide a tool that does this for you. Unless
someone writes it in time (I won't). But my vision is that it will be easy
to adjust the overall color palette used throughout all icons. Anyways,
either creating all icons from scratch or importing an existing set will be
enough work already, lets worry about one thing at a time!

It is important that we stay focused, this is about agreeing on a design,
which will be difficult enough, so let's please be disciplined about the
subject. Also please read the entire emails, the first question was already
answered. (I don't mean to be harsh, I'm just mentioning it, because
threads tent to quickly lose focus on this list... or stuff goes in circles
:-})

Best regards,
-Stephan