[haiku] Re: Haiku User Groups

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:35:52 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:49:59 -0700
> Von: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> An: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: [haiku] Re: Haiku User Groups

> Howdy,
>
> Jorge G. Mare wrote:
> > Yes, that's what I meant by the HUG logo signatures in one of my
> > like, please see this:
> >
> > http://haikuzone.net/files/temp/2010-04-19_logo_HUG.png
> >
> > This is just a rough mockup, that actually comes from the Northern
> > California HUG...
> >
> > http://norcal-hug.org
> >
> > ...website which uses a variant of the old theme. Translate that to
> > the new theme, and you will get the idea.
>
> Along the same lines of the NorCal HUG website that uses the old Haiku
> theme, I have modified the Japan HUG website logo into a combined
> graphic signature that could be used for HUG sites. Check it out here:
>
> http://ja-test.haikuzone.net
>
> I will try to work on the front page to make it more (obviously)
> distinctive from that of the Haiku website. I will let everyone know
> when I have something worth showing.

The icon looks good (although a bit broken on the technical side).

Just to give you some feedback on the glow that you've added to the logo in
recent artwork... I am really not sure about it. The logo already contains a
subtle glow, the one you added is much too obvious IMHO and is more a
distraction. It's like a new element to the logo, while the original glow is
there without being visible (i.e. works subconcious).

Best regards,
-Stephan