[haiku] Re: Haiku User Groups

  • From: "Charlie Clark" <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:20:50 +0200

Am 07.04.2010, 19:34 Uhr, schrieb Giuseppe Gargaro <giuseppe.gargaro@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hiya Giuseppe,

We would love to create an association officially recognised by the project.
And to this terms we would like to have a feedback. The website is
www.haiku-os.it and is currently registred in my name, but it's totally for the project.

We would like to know what the main idea is in terms of user groups, and if the project is willing to keep them going and if so, what are the guidelines relating their organization?

My experience with sites of a similar nature, ie. associated not formally or legally but by intent, is to follow any guidelines relating to trademarks and logos and to notify the board of Haiku, Inc. of the website. Assuming the board sees no problem with the website, then listing it on the main Haiku website shouldn't be a problem. Keeping this as low maintenance as possible is probably key to making it work.

As for the organisation - this will inevitably vary from country to country and group to group. Whether you go as far as we have with HSA, http://hsa-ev.org/, and set up a legally recognised club will depend on the law in your country (easy in Germany but a pain in the UK), the number of people involved and whether you are actively involved in running events or publications but can otherwise be quite happily registered by individuals.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20