[openbeos] Re: Checkins

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 20:30:12 -0500

This is an interesting and neat idea.

The general problem is that text translators under R1 really aren't ready for
that, AFAIK. We certainly don't have them for HTML, troff, etc. Even assuming
that we wrote them, there is still an issue in that the translator format for
text doesn't support all of the stuff that one would really need to build
these right. MikeWilber and I have discussed (briefly) some plans for adding
that stuff in R2. I would like to r/w RTF, PDC (Palm Pilot files), HTML,
TROFF, etc. But that would require significant work on the platform as well
as the translators. I don't think that it is likely for R1. :-(