[openbeos] Re: Checkins

  • From: "Jared Eldredge" <jared@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 21:14:22 -0500

> Oh no, please no lynx. I like "man" but only for its informations not
> for its usability. I think we should have a "man" command that just
> opens the HTML page with the standard web browser.
> It would even be more convenient as it wouldn't block the terminal.

personally, i think this would be A Bad Idea.  i can't imagine how frustrated a
person could become when, connected via telnet, the man command simply spawns a
browser on the box.  sitting locally at the machine i can agree with axel -
net+ is way better than viewing_with/blocking the terminal.  but remote
connections via telnet require something other than _just_ a GUI browser
option.  perhaps i over-use telnet?
-jared

---
Jared Eldredge
MNL / Electrical and Computer Engineering
UMass Amherst