[openbeos] Re: Checkins

  • From: "Andrew Bachmann" <shatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 01:40:13 -0800 PST

"Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If I may be so humble as to suggest using XML . . .
>
> What are we talking about here? Just the man pages, or other documentation?
>
> As far as the man pages are concerned, they are traditionally written in
> troff (or nroff or whatever it is called). There are plenty tools to convert
> that format to HTML and probably also other formats. Why change that?
>
> -Matthijs

This is true, and if anyone hadn't noticed:

/boot/beos/documentation/Shell Tools

Documentation for over 150 shell commands is below this subdirectory, all in
html from the troff/
nroff format.  (including a 223 KB file on bash!)  In the html comments it even
documents the
program that did the conversion.

Andrew