[haiku] Re: Attribution for Haiku website design and theme

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 23:38:10 -0700

(2010年05月12日 19:43), Matt Madia wrote:
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 22:04, mikesum32<mikesum32@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
The real trouble starts when Niels reads something on another site and
unilaterally revokes Jorge's Drupal admin permissions. That was not related
to this discussion and not necessary. It wasn't reasonable.

Yes, Jorge has harsh words a lot of the time, but this time it was not his
doing. If someone wanted to argue the points of his other post on another
site, do it there or start another thread here. I don't think Jorge would
ever actively damage other people work, like deleting the website.
Considering that Jorge is our quote-unquote PR as in Public Relations
&  Marketing person, it makes his overly harsh and hateful words and
"discussion" tactics that much more offensive. His sole responsibility
is to make the project look good. In the past months he has washed
away any sense of credibility to his abilities to perform this
responsibility.

First of all, I have probably represented Haiku in more places and in front of more people than anybody else here, and I have always done a very good job at that. Please ask anyone who has seen my in action.

Second, in case you missed the news, I resigned from the post of marcom lead three years ago. In spite of that, I have still done more in the area of marketing, PR and general advocacy than anybody else here.

Last but not least, please get a reality check: you are not my boss, so you are nobody to tell me (or anybody else for that matter) what my responsibilities are. Dude, you have been drinking too much of the Haiku Inc. BOD kool-aid lately.

Also, it should be pointed out that by "discretely" removing himself
from the Press Release&  related website updates, he willfully allowed
the project to drift towards not having those items completed in time.
Luckily, it was noticed and several non-regular contributors stepped
up to pick up his slack*1. In addition, I'm curious where was the
"discrete" notice of deciding to not provide the CD artwork? He was
very clear in expressing his thoughts on how his ideas on branding are
right and that his artwork should be used.

If I am vocal, I annoy you and your friends. if I retreat discretely so as to not make waves, then you and your friends concot all kinds of conspiracy theories to make it look like I am out to destroy the project. It is always a no-win situation for me, is it not?

I will repeat for the *third* time: it never crossed my mind that Ingo and the other people involved in the release would not be monitoring the one and only page on the Trac wiki that deals with the coordination of the release. It was an innocent mistake, and in case you missed it, I actually apologized here:

//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/R1-alpha-2-press-release-and-front-page-update,16

You are totally inacurrate in one more account: Stippi asked me to send him the CD artwork because he wanted to change the backgrdound. I responded to his request and emailed him the file and he thanked me. I even made this clear here:

//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/R1-alpha-2-press-release-and-front-page-update,8

If you still don't believe me, I would be glad to post here or forward you a copy of Stippi's message where he acknowledges receipt of the artwork that I sent him. So, please, stop blaming me for stuff that is out of my hands.

1: Seeing those people express such eagerness to contribute in those
areas was extremely satisfying and at the same time unnerving -- are
they stepping up to help the project in the hour of need? or do they
finally feel comfortable expressing interest in those areas without
having to face the Wrath of Jorge?

ROTFL! You spew so much bias, that it is actually funny. I will grant you that you have imagination to come up with this twisted arguments, but do you really expect anyone to believe this nonsense?

Regards,

Jorge / aka Koki