[haiku] Re: Attribution for Haiku website design and theme

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 15:46:53 -0700

On 2010-05-12 at 21:51:54 [+0200], Jorge G. Mare<koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Stippi and his friends
want people to believe that I make up these are stories out of hatred,
but the truth is that they are part of the public that anyone can remit to.
I have learned the hard way that it is impossible to convince you of
anything. I don't remember a single incident where that happened. I know
it's possible to sink many hours into trying to have a discussion with you,
but it's completely fruitless. And I don't know this only from personal
experience, but also from watching others fail. So I won't even try to
"defend" myself here. You of all people should know how hard I have tried
smooth out friction in the project, the whole transition team was my
initiative.

This is another unfounded mis-characterization. I have done a lot of stuff with many others on the project without any problems whatsoever. I have been always open to discussion and receptive to input from others, in fact many times changing course based on the feedback that I received in the course of those discussions. The website, old and new, all the artwork that I have created, spearheading events like GSoC, SCaLE, LinuxWorld, OpenSource World, Kansai Open Source Forum, FalterCon, None of this I did alone, and I never had a problem with anyone.

The problems always come when interacting with the same small group of people: you, Ingo, sometimes Axel, Niels and lately Matt, and only because you don't like to hear what I have to say. You are incapable to taking any criticism, so you use the "you are annoying" card to dismiss it.

*Obviously* I am not calling you a liar for criticizing the project or
mentioning it's failures. That's so stupid that a part of me wants to burst
out laughing if this wasn't so sad at the same time. No, I am calling you a
liar for insisting that this "in-group" thing exists, and that people have
to kiss asses or face the consequences. And I stand by my word that you
spread hatred. If what you do isn't spreading hatred then I don't know what
is.

This is what you said to me on Haikuware in response to the incidents that I mentioned on that discussion:

stippi said on http://www.haikuware.com/20100509498/my-haiku-library-and-application-rant
No, they did not "in fact" happen. You twist the truth however it fits you.

Maybe this is funny and makes you laugh, but to me it is no laughing matter, as you are making a very broad assertion that I make up things and that I twist the truth however it fits me. Basically, that I am a lier. So, who is twisting the truth here?

Regards,

Jorge / aka Koki