[haiku] Re: Attribution for Haiku website design and theme

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:39:08 -0700

(2010年05月11日 09:51), Niels Reedijk wrote:
Yes. I support you getting acknowledgment for you work (and the
opportunity to make money from it)...

Make money? With Haiku??? LOL! No, wait... ROFL!!!

but it should be on an appropriate
place, whether it being an about page, a page on the website or in the
FAQ. The footer could then link to that page. I would propose
reforming the current footer to:

The copyright on this website is reserved by the respective authors.
Haiku and the Haiku logo are trademarks of Haiku Inc.

The rationale is that whenever you run an app it does not contain an
advertisement for the authors, nor should the website.

Well, I am not asking for a popup ad or anything like that, so your portrayal is exaggerated and misleading.

The footer is not only the most typical place for this sort of acknowledgment, but the most inconspicuous place too.

Regards,

Jorge / aka Koki