[haiku] Re: Attribution for Haiku website design and theme

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 09:30:42 +0100

Niels and Jorge clearly have some personal issues going on here, but
unilaterally (as in a decision by Niels, not a "unilateral project
decision" btw) revoking Jorge's admin rights seemed completely
unjustified from the things I've seen written in public.

Now that's been done and Jorge is understandably angry then reinstating
permissions is obviously more of a security risk, especially given Jorge
wishes the project to cease usage of the nice theme he designed.

I thought we were just about to reach agreement on an attribution page
for the website (I was also going to suggest having a script
automatically dump the contributors for AboutSystem onto the web too).

I think this whole incident could have been avoided if Niels' first
history have turned into long and frustrating arguments doesn't mean
that they all need to!

Simon