[haiku] Re: Attribution for Haiku website design and theme

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 14:24:50 -0700

Howdy,

I just received this email from Niels Reedijk:

I would like to inform you that someone recently informed me that you
are bad-mouthing the project on articles on third-party website:

http://www.haikuware.com/20100509498/my-haiku-library-and-application-rant <http://www.haikuware.com/20100509498/my-haiku-library-and-application-rant>

That in combination of the tone of your messages on the recent [haiku]
thread made me decide that you are a potential security liability to
the project, as I fear that you will make a rash decision like you did
when you left last time and will threaten the stability of our
systems. I have therefore removed you Drupal admin permissions. I have
informed the other sysadmins.

I want you to understand that this is a unilateral decision (as is
possible in the agreements the sysadmins have that anyone is able to
implement immediate security fixes when it seems the system is
threatened). You may, if you want to, appeal my decision on the
[haiku-development] mailing list.

Thank you Niels, you have just made my point on how the Haiku core people acts as a clique by retaliating on those who have a critical eye on whatever they do or say.

Anyway, being that it has become this obvious that the Haiku elite does not want me or my contributions, I take back my request for attribution.

Additionally, as the author of the Shijin theme, I revoke the permission that I granted to the Haiku project and demand that it be removed from the Haiku website IMMEDIATELY.

Thank you.

Jorge / aka Koki