[haiku] Re: Attribution for Haiku website design and theme

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 11:43:09 -0700

Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You are asking for a change of the conditions under which you originally contributed your work.

I did not know I had ever stated the conditions under which I was contributing my work to Haiku. Please enlighten me: what where those conditions?

I am simply responding. Haiku should not be an advertisement for any person in particular, therefore I am opposing this change.

It is totally ridiculous to equate a linked acknowledgement in the footer of the website to an ad, but if you insist, then you are will have to admit that the website is already filled with advertisements all over the place, as every time somebody adds a blog post, forum post, an article, a document or a even comment, their name is displayed and linked to their user profile which, technically, is basically the same thing I am asking for.

Regards,

Jorge / aka Koki