[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Qt and apps, oh my!

  • From: Pier Luigi Fiorini <pierluigi.fiorini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:20:01 +0100

François Revol ha scritto:
1. Since Qt (by Trolltech/Nokia) is now LGPL,
what about a port of Qt to run on Haiku? I thought about this a while ago. Would it be beneficial? I could take on this task.
I´d love to have more applications available,
even with some temporary inconsistencies.

Perhaps I´m naive, but I think having Qt could
work as a catalyst or bridge, paradoxically
pulling Qt-based apps over to the Haiku API
faster, not having to port them completely.
Faster time to market.

If done correctly it could be almost as native as real stuff...
Besides, Qt is a rip off BeAPI, so it can't be that hard :)
I think that some Qt developers have some connection with the old Be days. :)
And... yes the API does looks like the BeAPI!