[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Qt and apps, oh my!

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 11:17:42 +0200 CEST

> There is a difference between having a Qt port available at
> Bebits/Haikuware and having it integrated inside the default image.

Also, it could help getting new contributors and native apps by making
it simpler to port the core part first, then write a native GUI...

> The other problem is similar to the wine effect on linux. There,
> having wine means most window apps will run, so big software
> companies
> don't bother porting them to linux properly. Having Qt in Haiku could

Yes, same problem with ndiswrapper-like things, which gives reasons to
vendor not to release specs because "it works with the windows
binaries" (except they forget that this is only for x86).

> lead to a similar situation. It's meant to be temporary, because we
> don't have enough native apps, but it will last more than you think
> because people will just start to use it.

Just about proper communication.

François.