[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Qt and apps, oh my!

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:33:10 -0700

>>> Sadly, I think the Postmaster developer was contacted already, and he
>>> has indicated that the source for that application have been lost
>>> irretrievably at this point.
>>
>> OH, I have it. I made mods to it about 15 months ago for my own purposes

Postmaster supported the Word Services Suite, which allowed its text
to be checked and corrected by grammar and spelling checkers such as
Working Software's Spellswell, which I ported to BeOS from Mac OS.

On Mac OS, Word Services is based on Apple Events.  On BeOS it's based
on BMessages.

I still have the Spellswell source code, and a backup of the old
wordservices.org website.  Sadly I had to let the domain lapse when
things got really tight during the dot-com crash.  But I'll be putting
it all online again soon, and plan to start selling Spellswell again
within a few months.

Right now I just have placeholder pages, but here's where you can find
out more about Word Services:

  http://www.goingware.com/word-services/

  http://www.spellswell.com/

I still have the source to the Word Services SDKs for each platform,
as well as the formal protocol specs.

It will all be going online soon.  I can't really do it right now as I
have some more-pressing work to do.  But I expect I can get to it
within the next couple weeks.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford