[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Qt and apps, oh my!

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 02:01:28 -0700

The ZooLib C++ Cross-Platform Application Framework has supported BeOS
for about nine years.  I'm preparing a new release and will ensure
that it also works on Haiku.

  http://www.zoolib.org/

It is Open Source under the MIT License.

There hasn't been a tarball release in over five years, but it has
been in active development.  Its users just got the code from CVS.
But I don't want people to have to depend on CVS snapshots, so I'll be
issuing more-regular releases - anytime there are significant new
features or bug fixes.

ZooLib's principal developer is Andy Green of The Electric Magic Company:

  http://www.em.net/

ZooLib also supports Windows, Posix with X11, Mac OS X, Carbon and
Classic Mac OS - even 68k code.  I haven't actually tried a 68k build
for a while, but I'm pretty sure it would work all the way back to the
original release of System 7.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford