[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Qt and apps, oh my!

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:09:06 -0700

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle
<mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> 4. What is the best e-mail client now? Post Master was my favorite. maybe
>>> could get Post master going again....
>>
>> Sadly, I think the Postmaster developer was contacted already, and he
>> has indicated that the source for that application have been lost
>> irretrievably at this point.
>
> OH, I have it. I made mods to it about 15 months ago for my own purposes

Interesting, I dug up an email from Kenny to a developer posted on
this mailing list not long ago:

Hey Alex,

Sadly, I lost the Postmaster source code a few years ago so I don't
have a copy to share with you guys, otherwise I would have, sorry.

Best of luck with the new BeOS work. Always great to see people still
enjoying the work we all did years ago (though I suspect you guys have
long since improved on it!).

Anyways, wish I could help but all the best with the project.

Sincerely,
Kenny

You might contact Kenny and make sure he's OK with releasing the code
under a license such as BSD/MIT or whatever.

> I have PE as well (since I bought PE/Pepper from Maarten)

This is already available on berlios:

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/pe-editor/

And Haiku even has an updated version of it that can be built into the
image when it is created.

- Urias