[haiku-depot-web] Re: Introduction article

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 23:49:19 +0200

Am 30.08.2014 11:33, schrieb Stephan Aßmus:
Am 29.08.2014 22:21, schrieb Andrew Lindesay:
I'm wondering if it might be easy to add a "User-Agent" header or a
custom header (eg; "X-HDS-Client" or something) to those HTTP requests
so that it would be a possibility in the future to identify the
HaikuDepot desktop application?

That would be very easy, will do. I'll tell you what I added, once I got
around to it.

I just went with X-HDS-Client like you proposed. Note that this change will trickle in as people upgrade to the new HaikuDepot.

Last night, I've got the bulk transfers going, and since those tell me
whether an icon is available at all, I want to redesign the code a bit
to make use of that and be quicker. I haven't checked anything in yet.

Done. It's just missing caching the information to load the list faster, but the performance seems generally OK with the bulk transfers.

Unfortunately, the JSON parser chokes on some replies, probably escaping
related. Will have a look at fixing that as well.

Fixed.

Now I can focus on removing some of the "hacks" to provide the correct architecture and locale in the requests. Adding support for uploading ratings should be fun too. :-D

Best regards,
-Stephan