[haiku-depot-web] Re: Introduction article

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 20:58:03 +1200

Hi Stephan;

The use-case is "working" with the web app in a certain way. You "do
something" to many packages, what you do takes little time, but doing it
> Another nice thing would be "back" and "forth" navigation buttons
> when

OK thanks I understand; good idea -- those ideas may require some more work though; I'll have to come back to it. I've taken a note though.

In the short-term, to speed things up on the initial population of categories, how about I produce (using SQL) you a spreadsheet of packages with categories and you / somebody can update the spreadsheet and then I'll re-populate that data back in by transforming it into SQL statements to be applied?

In the short-term I'll take a look at that API change for the "architecture filter", but I might leave the web interface as-is for the meantime as it would be good to get it stable for a first release. It is probably more important to focus on getting the authentication aspect sorted out as that is difficult to alter later on.

cheers.

--
Andrew Lindesay