[haiku-depot-web] Re: Introduction article

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 21:36:24 +0200

Hi there,

On 2014-08-29 at 13:57:35 [+0200], Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

[ ... ]
> I do think a dev / test / staging deployment separate from the
> production deployment is necessary.  As you mentioned, the 'current'
> deployment could (conveniently) become the production deployment and
> another environment could host the continued dev / test / staging
> deployment.  All of the system's storage is in the single Postgres
> database instance so it should be easy to backup with pg_dump -- that
> should be happening on some schedule before we let people start loading
> material in.  Oliver; you'll have some ideas on these sorts of things?

I have just added a cron job that will do daily (encrypted) backups of the
whole postgres DB and copy them to our backup storage.

[ ... ]
> I'm trying to figure out where those are coming from -- could that be
> the desktop application?  Oliver; could I get access to the Apache2 logs
> to see if that helps me understand the source of those?

I have made the apache logs publically readable, so you should be able to
access them now.

Before we declare our current depot service as the production environment,
I'd like to upgrade to postgres-9.3 and see in order to match the version
used for development. Hopefully, I should be able to work on that this
weekend - I'll keep you posted.

cheers,
        Oliver