[haiku-depot-web] Re: Introduction article

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 21:29:07 +1200

Hi Stephan;

different, then we have the problem much worse, since for the packages
which are not different, we wouldn't want a different description and
summary in the web-app.

The description and summary are specific to a particular version. As a new version of a package is populated into the database from the HPKR data, the HDS system will, where possible, observe that the prior summary and description are the same and will replicate all of the non-english (english is encoded into the HPKR and is loaded verbatim) localizations to the new version.

This doesn't apply between architectures, but it is very likely that an editor of the localization is going to use the...

  Latest version of all architectures for package '...'.

...option in the editing panel to apply the localization to all architectures anyway and then that localization will propagate forward as long as the summary and description from the HPKR do not change.

cheers.

--
Andrew Lindesay