[haiku-depot-web] Re: Introduction article

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 18:04:50 +0200

Hi,

On 2014-08-30 at 23:50:55 [+0200], Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 29.08.2014 21:36, schrieb Oliver Tappe:
> > Before we declare our current depot service as the production environment,
> > I'd like to upgrade to postgres-9.3 and see in order to match the version
> > used for development. Hopefully, I should be able to work on that this
> > weekend - I'll keep you posted.

I have now upgraded the deployment to postgresql-9.3.5. AFAICS,
haikudepotserver seems to work fine with it. There's hope that the schema
migration process will work better with that version.

> Thanks, Oliver! As one of our main admins, can you comment on Andrews
> question regarding consolidating the authentication methods across the
> Haiku project sites?

Consoliating the authentication and authorization process throughout the
different web services would be nice, but I'm not very experienced with
setting up a single-sign-on service and the available options. I suppose LDAP
would be an option, but according to my first hand experience, an LDAP server
is quite painful to setup and maintain.

I would be grateful for any alternative suggestions, especially since we
could use the haikudepotserver as a playing ground for a single-sign-on
service.

cheers,
        Oliver